This is a 3-6x/week bodyweight training routine that allows you to build impressive (intermediate-level) strength with minimal equipment. All you need is the floor and a pull up bar for most exercises. If you have a pair of wooden gymnastics rings, you could do even more!
RULES TO MAINTAIN SAFETY:
- Everything in the lists generally go from the easier variation to the more advanced.
- Don't attempt the next progression if you have not mastered the prerequisites in red.
- Go to the next exercise only when you can do 3 sets of 8-12 reps (or 60s holds) of the previous with perfect form.
- If you cannot maintain proper form, go back to an easier variation or the prerequisite.
- If you feel pain, STOP. Never work through the pain. REST.
- Implement a Steady State Cycle for the static moves because a stronger foundation is better than injury down the line.
- Wrists feeling funky? Give em a break with the Wrist Friendly Routine.
- Scapular Shrugs (10-20reps)
- Cat/Cow (10-20reps)
- Bodyline Drills (Go for a 60sec hold)
- Actively flex glutes and abs in every bodyline drill.
- Plank (with full protraction)
- Side Plank (both sides!)
- Reverse Plank (with full retraction)
- Hollow Hold
- Reverse Hollow Hold
- Reverse Hollow Rocks (prerequisite: RH for 60+sec)
Note: For plank and side plank, I alternate between the forearm and straight arm variants every week. The dolphin/forearm versions are also great to give your wrists a break if they are feeling funky.
Skill Work (5-10 min for L-sit & Handstand practice, 1-2min for support holds)
- Floor L-sit progressions (goal is 1x60sec, more info here)
- Foot supported L-sit (press shoulder blades down)
- One Foot supported L-sit
- Tucked L-sit
- Less Tucked L-sit
- Full L-sit
- RTO L-sit
- Next? Here are Advanced L-sit, V-sit, Manna and Straddle L-sit Progressions
- Straddle L-sit? V-sit? Both require good flexibility so work on your splits!
- Prerequisite: 20sec Crow Pose
- Handstand Specific Progressions
- Human Flag Progressions (do both sides) (#1)
To view the rest of this epic program with the strength work and more, simply sign up! It's free and helps to keep this site sustainable! If you have signed up in the past for this (or any other program), use the login form directly below this registration form!