In Los Angeles, on Friday, Feb 25, 2011, we experienced some heavy rain. On Saturday, we were experiencing the tail-end of the storm that was extremely frigid and turbulent. We had very cold and gusty winds in most places. This was the day snow fell in many parts of LA as well!
I was in the SFV and captured these shots during Saturdays sunset on the 405. Two of the photos were from a bridge that connects the 405 and 118 freeways. This bridge is dramatically elevated (to clear other bridges under it) so it makes for great landscape shots. Click on the images for the high-res versions.
- Location: Taken from the freeway bridge that connects the 405 N to the 118 W, facing NW.
The image above was taken from the same spot as the previous image. This is facing NE instead of NW.
- Location: Taken from the bridge that connects the 405 North to the 118 West, facing Northeast.
- Left and middle: The western portion of the San Gabriel mountain range.
- Right: The last mountain-hump is actually the Verdugo Mountain range.
- Taken from the 405 South, just north of Strathern, facing West. [?]
- Right: The railroad tracks for the Metrolink/Amtrak leading toward the Simi Hills.
More to come in the future!