Who is this bodyweight routine for?
- This is for anybody who wants to get strong and have fun with a gymnastics-inspired routine. It is highly bodyweight-exercise oriented (no external weights) and also includes lots of strength & skills one can train on the rings and the floor. This is one of the most complete routines you could get that will allow you to progress in a safe manner.
- However, I recommend you should be able to do 3x5reps pull ups and push ups before jumping into this.
- If you got that kind of strength though, then get yourself a pair of rings and start to have a blast with this routine!
- If you do not have that basic level of strength yet, you may get better results by following this routine on /r/bodyweightfitness. It is a simple, but very effective, full body workout 3x a week that will efficiently get your basic level of strength up using bodyweight exercises.
Here is a taste of what you will learn:
- Warm Up
- Wrist, Shoulders, Core
- Fun Skills Practice
- Rings (RTO Support, Inverted Hang, Skin the Cats, RTO Plank, Shoulder Stands, Muscle Up Variants)
- Floor (L-sit, Crow Pose, Elbow Lever, Air Baby, Cartwheel, Backward Roll, Forward Roll, Low Bridge, 8 Headstands)
- Handstand-specific practice
- Strength Work
- 1. Straight Arm Day (Front Lever, Planche, Back Lever)
- 2. Bent Arm Day (Too complex to list)
- 3. Fun Skill and Accessory Day (Focus on skills and target specific areas.)
- Cool Down Suggestions (Prehab/Mobility/Stretches)
- Hangs (Beginner Hangs, German Hangs, False Grip, One Arm, Swings, etc)
- Wrist, Elbow, Shoulder, Spine Prehab
- Squat/Hip Mobility
- Self Massage
- Stretching Suggestions
- More Info
- Intro and Mandatory Reading
- Equipment Requirements
- Random Q&A
- More tips for success
- Supportive Pages to help increase compliance/adherence
- Abridged Mobile/Printer-friendly version
- Record Spreadsheet Log (Google Doc)
What are the equipment requirements?
- Wooden Rings and a place to hang them, like from a pull up bar, playground, tree, etc.
- They are so cheap nowadays, there is no excuse to not get them!
- The higher of an anchor point you could find, the more fun many exercises become, especially if you’re tall!
- Chalk to help you hold a false grip. You may not need it, but it definitely helps.
- Flat Aylio bands for shoulder mobility and warm up.
- If you have other kinds of bands (like the tubular ones), those will work too. But if you don’t and are looking for a recommendation, I recommend the flat Aylio bands because they are identical to the nice “Therabands” physical therapists often use but are much more affordable and it comes with 3 different resistances!
- As you progress, you will also utilize a band for planche-related training. For more detail, check this page out.
This program is regularly updated to make sure it is a SUSTAINABLE program. I am constantly applying my research and updating it to reflect the reality of progressions work. It is of a very high caliber because it closely represents the template that I follow myself. It also boasts an impressive skills section which is a reflection of my fascination with melding gymnastics, yoga and everything in between. As much as we all want to build strength, I find skill work is what keeps everyone most engaged, happy and the variety gives more avenues to which one could experience leveling up. I have also had many beta-testers along the way so this has been tested on real, live people!
I’ve put my heart and soul into making this. It’s a culmination of all that I’ve learned from both the online world and the amazing people at muscle beach. This routine is based off of resources written or demonstrated by:
- The amazing people at the Original Muscle Beach
- Steven Low of Overcoming Gravity
- Ryan Hurst of Gold Medal Bodies
- Daniel Vadnal of FitnessFAQs
- Carl Paoli of GymnasticsWOD
- Jim Bathurst of BeastSkills
- GymnasticBodies Forum
- Joshua Naterman
- Yaad Mohammad
- Emmet Louis
- Ido Portal
How do I use this routine?
When you buy the program, you will instantly receive a username and password and be able to access the program through this website. If you are comfortable with watching a video (and maybe reading a little) to understand what the exercise is, then you will enjoy this. I have gathered many demonstrations that I believe are up to snuff. For anything else that is missing, I have filled the gaps with my own demonstrations.
Screenshot of Sample Page:
Support is available
If you are having trouble with something or just aren’t sure if your form is correct, I encourage you to leave a comment and post a “form-check” video of yourself. Comments are enabled on all the pages so you could provide feedback and we could improve the routine together and I could help you at the same time.
Money back guarantee
If you don’t like it for any reason, you could always contact me and ask for your money back. No questions asked and no risk to you.
Recap of all the benefits
- Thorough warm up
- Dozens of ring and floor skills (including HS)
- Strength-oriented straight arm / bent arm split
- Gain extreme upper body strength
- Tried and true progressions
- Tested on real, live people!
- Mobility/prehab section
- Increased proprioception
- Increased grip strength
- Photo & video resources
- Extended Documentation (17+ pages)
- Money back guarantee
- Personal support
Register below to get instant access
With a one-time payment of only $50 US, you get lifetime access! And with a 100% money-back guarantee, you got nothing to lose, so why not give yourself this gift?