I recommend you begin by mastering the two things in the basic skills.
Basics (Master walking + bird dog simultaneously)
- Walking Tips & Drills
- Standing on 1 or 2 legs
- Actually walking the line
- Tips to walk longer lines
- Bird Dog & Knee Stand
- You don’t need to walk at all to learn this. In fact, I recommend you learn Bird Dog immediately.
Intermediate to Advanced Skills
- Intermediate Walking Skills
- Turning Around
- Gliding/Sliding Feet
- Walking Fast
- Walking with Turn-out
- Different Arm Positions
- Walking with Eyes Closed
- Advanced Skills
- Drop Knee Progressions
- Exposure Progressions (Standing Sideways)
- Mounts (to stand when your feet can’t touch the ground)
- Sitting to Sit-Start
- Sit-Start to Single Knee Drop
- Chongo Mount
- Sitting to Chongo Mount
- Sit-Start to Chongo Mount
- Miscellaneous Skills
- Rodeo Setup
- Surfing the Line
- Highline Related
If you are having issues with leg strength, you should incorporate the following exercises. It’s important to train your legs at the same time. The stronger your legs and core become, the easier you will be able to master skills.
- Strength Training
- Legs & Core
- Floor Balance Training
- Ankle Warm Up/Prehab
- Flexibility Training
- Coming soon! But in the meantime, I would recommend hip flexor stretches and also incorporate pigeon pose (glute stretches) as it will directly improve your ability to do the harder mounts with greater ease.
How do I setup my line?
- If you have a 1″ line, I detail how to setup a primitive slackline in this blog post.
- If you have a 2″ line, read the instructions on how to tighten the ratchet.
- More helpful information in regards to rigging and tree protection:
Here are 30% off discount links to my other programs as a way of saying thank you.
You could leave a comment and I will answer. If you’re a redditor, you can ask any question at /r/antranik and I will answer. You are also not only welcome but encouraged to post form-check videos or ask any question and I will help you!