Last year I took a human anatomy class and it turned out to be one of the coolest classes ever! I started thinking differently about my body in so many ways, partly because of the content but mostly because my professor was one of the most knowledgeable and down to earth human beings ever. I picked up on a few really interesting things that I thought would be cool to share with all of you. Hope you find them as fascinating as I did!
1. Where do your the tears come from and what do they drain into? You might be surprised by this answer!
2. Your bones are actually living, breathing tissue, just like the rest of your organs.
3. Why do kids get ear infections more often than adults?
4. How do veins return blood back up to the heart from the lower legs, against gravity, long after blood pressure from the heart has dissipated?
5. Ever notice most of your skeletal muscles work in antagonistic pairs? Why is that?
Check out Part 2: Four More Fascinating Things I Learned in Anatomy Class