If you live in Los Angeles and love HAYAO MIYAZAKI, then you may love this film festival series. His movies will be playing at two movie theaters. Check out the schedule and choose your favorite film. Get your friends to go with you. Bike there for extra fun.
Half of the films will be presented in the original Japanese language versions with English subtitles, and half will be dubbed in English for a more family-friendly experience. For tickets and more information please refer to the American Cinematheque website.
Schedule at the Egyptian Theatre: 6712 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, CA 90028 (Cost: $11)
- Porco Rosso on Thursday January 26 at 7:30pm.
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind on Saturday January 28 at 7:30pm.
- Princess Mononoke on Friday, February 3 at 7:30pm.
- Spirited Away on Tuesday, February 7 at 7:30pm.
- Howl’s Moving Castle on Sunday, February 12 at 4:00pm.
- My Neighbor Totoro on Sunday, February 12 at 7:30pm.
Schedule at the Aero Theatre: 1328 Montana Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90403 (Cost: $11)
- Spirited Away on Friday January 27 at 7:30pm.
- My Neighbor Totoro on Sunday, January 29 at 4:00pm.
- Whisper of the Heart on Sunday January 29 at 7:30pm.
- The Cat Returns on Saturday February 4 at 4:00pm.
- Castle in the Sky on Saturday, February 4 at 7:30pm.
- My Neighbors The Yamadas on Wednesday February 8 at 7:30pm.
- Only Yesterday on Thursday, February 9 at 7:30pm.
- Pom Poko on Friday, February 10 at 7:30pm.
- Kiki’s Delivery Service on Saturday, February 11 at 4:00pm
So.. which movie will you be going for? I’m having a hard time deciding and haven’t seen half of them.